PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
Our Group is up and running and thank you so far for all their comments and assistance.The profile of our group in age ranges is: 16-44 21% - 45-64 36% - 65-74 43%. We would welcome more members in the under 16 and over 75 age range as well as anyone wanting to join in the in the other age ranges.
We will continue to recruit to our Group via this website and in the surgeries at both Tavistock and Bere Alston.
We have carried out a patient survey during January to March 2013.
The results are:
95% thought our Receptionists were helpful
90% found it easy to telephone us
100% said they could see a GP urgently on the day
84% thought it was easy to book ahead
54% could book within 4 days with a Doctor of their choice and 46% said it took over 5 days
64% thought this was good and 36% wanted it to be improved
99% said they could be seen same day or next day - 100% thought this was good
27% are seen within 10 minutes of their appointment time and the remaining 73% have to wait between 11-30 minutes and 85% thought this was good
99% thought the current opening times suited them
99% thought our opening hours were fair however there was some confusion over our weekend service as many asked for this. We are open every Saturday morning for appointments only bookable in advance to see either a Doctor or a Nurse to help in particular those who work. We will have to advertise this much better. Please see details below.
84% usually speak to the GP they prefer and the remainder are happy to speak to any GP
89% of the above 84% say that most of the time they get to speak to their GP. On how patients were treated by a GP or Nurse all the responses were Excellent or Very Good as was the ongoing care they received
100% said that their experience at the surgery was Good and would recommend us to someone new to the area.
Many other comments were expressed regarding local services and access to them as well as areas of improvement that we could work on in terms of clinics and waiting areas. We are looking to put a Health Zone in the Waiting Room and would welcome any comments on what you would like to see in that area.
Our Saturday pre-bookable surgery now has a Doctor and a Nurse. The Nurse clinics are variable and offer Asthma, COPD, Diabetes, Womens Health and Travel Vaccinations. They are alternated acrosss these areas on a weekly basis.
We now have more Counselling appointments available as well as more personnel from the Depression and Anxiety Service and local Mental Health Teams using rooms in our Surgeries.
Our website now allows you to more easily book appointments and request your medication through one log-in facility and in-time we are hoping you will be able to message your Doctor and possibly view your Medical Record.
We will also continue to review the Waiting Rooms at both Tavistock and Bere Alston in terms of information available, seating and services available to help with your health care.
We really do welcome the comments that were made on the questionnaires and we will be looking at each one to see whether we can accomodate those requests.
I would like to thank all those patients who took the time and trouble to complete the questionnaires.