PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP 2013/2014
Continuing on from last year we are very pleased to say that our on-line Patient Participation Group has significantly increased throughout our age ranges of patients particularly in the younger age group.
The profile of our group in age ranges is: 16-44 24% - 45-64 37% - 65-74 39%.
We continue to recruit members when Patients register with us and should any existing Patients wish to join please ask for a form at Reception.
Our Patient Group continues to believe that our standard GPAQ questionnaire is the one to use to gain patient feedback and our general results from over 400 questionnaires were:
96% thought our Receptionists were helpful
91% found it easy to telephone us
100% said they could see a GP urgently on the day
86% thought it was easy to book ahead
57% could book within 4 days with a Doctor of their choice and 43% said it took over 5 days
73% thought this was good and 27% wanted it to be improved
38% are seen within 10 minutes of their appointment time and the remaining 62% have to wait between 11-30 minutes and 87% thought this was good
99% thought the current opening times suited them
99% thought our opening hours were fair and more people appear to be aware of our Saturday service in Tavistock.
85% usually speak to the GP they prefer and the remainder are happy to speak to any GP
On how patients were treated by a GP or Nurse all the responses were Excellent or Very Good as was the ongoing care they received.
100% said that their experience at the surgery was Good and would recommend us to someone new to the area.
In line with our Care Quality Commission visit and the comments made by Patients, there was a desire to create more information in the Waiting Room at Tavistock in the form of a Health Zone and better use of blood pressure machines.
In discussion with our Patient Participation Group we have consulted on what a 'Health Zone' would look like and what leaflets and information we would have on display.
It was agreed that we will section off a part of the Waiting Room in Tavistock to house one or two blood pressure machines as well as height and weight measurement. Some sort of partition will be put in place to create some privacy.
Posters and leaflets will be available to promote NHS Health Checks and information leaflets and posters on Diabetes, Asthma, COPD, Hypertension and so on to better inform our Patients.
These posters and leaflets would also be available at Bere Alston.
The plan is for this to be implemented during the summer months.
As a reminder our Tavistock Saturday pre-bookable surgery has a Doctor and a Nurse. The Nurse clinics are variable and offer Asthma, COPD, Diabetes, Womens Health and Travel Vaccinations. They are alternated across these areas on a weekly basis.
In addition to this a discussion took place on future questions to ask our Patients.
It has been suggested by the Government that all GP Surgeries will be involved in the Family and Friends questionnaires that you see in local Hospitals.
This question basically asks if you would recommend your Surgery to your Friends and Family.
Whilst this is an excellent question it would still require us to ask more questions to establish the quality of our service.
Over the next few months we will be consulting on which questions are relevant with a grading system and our Patient Participation Group will finalise in discussion with us as to what those questions will be.
Once again, if you would like to join the Patient Participation Group please ask for a form at Reception and we welcome any comments at any time regarding our service to you our Patients.
25th March 2014